The Governor has ordered all PennDOT license centers to close and PennDOT offices are working with limited staff. As best as I can determine, only a skeleton crew is working to keep important systems running.
The court system in Pennsylvania is running under a declaration of Judicial Emergency as set by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court on April 1st, 2020. This Order closes the courts to the public, limits certain types of matters, and allows the individual court to operate with limited personnel.
What this means for you during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- If you have a current driver’s license due to expire soon – the license will remain valid and the time to renew has been extended to May 31st.
- If you have a Limited Work License, Probationary License, Ignition Interlock License, or Ignition Interlock Limited License…those products will remain valid through May 31st 2020 – no matter the expiration date. You MUST continue interlock calibrations and follow all time and purpose restrictions of your limited license.
- This extension also includes vehicle registrations as well as safety and emission inspections – all valid until May 31st – no matter the expiration date.
- If you have a suspended license that should restore in April or May – we have had success getting some products restored through the limited PennDOT services. We have also been able to get a license restored through online renewals once we’ve had additional issues cleared.
- If your license is suspended with Indefinite Suspension issues, there may still be hope to have those issues resolved through the State or Courts with limited staff working.
- If your license has been suspended for longer or you have term suspensions with a restoration date far into the future….we can still work to get you relief of that suspension time and be on track to restore as soon as the proper government office opens. Contact us right away and we can get started immediately.
Some resources to help with your license during this Pandemic
- You can request your Restoration Requirements Letter for FREE
- You can request your Full Driving History
Some things you CAN NOT or MAY NOT do during this time
- Get your total points on your license
- Apply for a REAL ID or upgrade your license to REAL ID
- Take your driving test or permit test
- Have a license photo taken
Contact us anytime and together we can determine if hiring our team will be the best course of action.